IT businesses can be liable for advice and/or services they have provided that cause financial loss to a third party. Information Technology Insurance developed to remove any gaps from having separate IT Professional Indemnity and IT Public Liability policies which often focus the insurer on deciding who is responsible rather than on attending to the claim. This removes the need to identify gaps within the cover which doesn’t occur with one combined policy with one insurer.
Information Technology changes rapidly and with this the possible exposure to society, individuals and business users has made ensuring that your Information Technology Insurance program is correct vital. The IT industry covers a huge array of providers in all types of Information Technology roles. Many not even considered a few years ago.
What types of Business Risks do we Insure?
Some of the Information Technology Insurance programs written include Information Technology services, resellers, outsourcing managers, data storage, software development (from customised to pre-packaged) including operating systems, database and other applications. Information Technology
Insurance programs are also written for Government and Defence contractors, applications, hardware and communication systems.
The scope of cover includes clean technologies an the systems and components that drive them, Cloud and ISP’s, hosting and much more. We even provide cover for manufacturers who specialise in the IT, telecommunications and communications area.
Depending on the insurer and what exposures your IT business has, generally the Information Technology Insurance programs provides options for:
- Financial Injury (Errors & Omissions)
- Financial injury arising from defects and deficiencies or failure to perform, including protection for both performance based contractual liability and liability assumed in contract (indemnities and hold harmless agreements)
- Technology-Related Injury (Intellectual Property, Privacy and Media
- Infringement of intellectual property, violation of a persons right of privacy, libel, slander or other forms of defamation, breach of confidentiality
- General Liability
- Bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, products hazard and pollution liability
- Product Withdrawal Expense (Recall)
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred to recall and regain possession of products likely to cause physical injury
- Privacy Remediation Expenses
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred to comply with local and foreign laws notifying customers of a privacy data breach
With the increase in cyber crime activities, we have options for protecting the actual network or systems against cyber crime
such as denial of service (DDOS) attach, data corruption, extortion and first party claims to your business assets. Cyber crime extensions can then also include third party losses to affected customers.
Due to the nature of most IT businesses, we also offer a comprehensive insurance package on other business areas including:
- Specialist computer and electronic equipment cover
- Business interruption and increased costs of working cover
- Data restoration and document recover expenses
- General office equipment coverage including burglary and glass damage
- Motor vehicles
- Management liability exposures
- and much more!
Nothing can replace professional expertise advice from an experienced Specialist Insurance Broker.
To arrange a full discussion and quotation on Information Technology Insurance and how to protect your business contact us Today on 07 5313 7871 or complete the short form below.